Sindhu Jha
Queen Camilla has recently described King Charles as doing “extremely well under the circumstances”, according to reports. This was said to be her frst public statement since the ofcial announcement that her husband has been diagnosed with cancer.
According to a statement from Buckingham Palace on February 5, “During the King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identifed a form of cancer.”
The form of cancer was not mentioned in the press release. Camilla said that her husband, who underwent his frst bout of treatment earlier this week, was “very touched” by all the messages of support he has been receiving from the public, reported The Guardian on February 8.
Meanwhile, Prince William thanked the British public for their kind messages about his wife Kate following her recent surgery and also about his father’s diagnosis. The King has been spending his time at Sandringham in norfolk after his diagnosis, the newspaper report added.
The Palace press release had added that “His Majesty has today (February 5) commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and ofcial paperwork as usual.”
The statement said that King Charles is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure.
“He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible,” it stated.
The Palace has said that His Majesty chose to share the diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope that it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are afected by cancer












